Yes they are cabbage and all grown in Imo state (Eastern Nigeria). Before now, a lot of people used to think that vegetables like cabbage and many others can’t be grown in eastern part of Nigeria because of the nature of the soil but contrary to that belief, the above was grown in our farm (Thai Agro and Allied Industries Limited) and people bought them before the even entered the market.
The health benefits of cabbage cannot be over emphasized, few of its numerous benefits include:
- It helps in cancer prevention as it contains a compound known as sulforaphane. Researchers have discovered that sulforaphane has the power to inhibit the harmful enzyme histone deacetylase (HDAC), known to be involved in the progression of cancer cells. The ability to stop HDAC enzymes could make sulforaphane-containing foods a potentially powerful part of cancer treatment.
- It helps to prevent constipation
- It has anti-aging benefits as it is rich in vitamin. The rich amount of Vitamin C in this vegetable keeps the skin youthful and delays the aging process. Moreover,. It also avoids the destruction of skin cells due to ultraviolet rays.
- It is rich in amino acid which goes a long way in fighting inflammation
- It helps in proper digestion
- It also has the capacity to act as an immune boaster
These are few benefits of cabbage and the exciting thing about it is that you can easily get the improved hybrid seeds and start planting soonest. It takes up-to 2 months after transplanting to mature and you can start reaping the benefits.